Health insurance for students who study abroad
Crystal Studies is a health insurance policy for young people who go abroad for travel, language-learning visits, professional training or work as au pairs.
- Reimbursements up to
INTERNATIONAL COVERAGE LEAVE HOME WITH PEACE OF MIND
You are covered in all the countries you visit, including any temporary returns to your country of origin.(1)
(1) For college students and those still in school
YOU ARE COVERED IN MANY SITUATIONSONE INSURANCE POLICY TO COVER EVERYTHING
You are covered during internships, travel, studies, language-learning visits, professional training or while working abroad as an au pair.
IMMEDIATE REIMBURSEMENT NO UPFRONT COSTS
No waiting period for reimbursements nor deductible amount on health costs and no upfront costs in event of hospitalization.
WE ARE WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES STEADY SUPPORT DURING DIFFICULT TIMES
Support services: translation and legal support with administrative formalities.
COMPLIANT COVERAGE An insurance policy that complies with international requirements
You benefit from policies that respond to the requirements of the largest international universities and authorities responsible for Schengen visas.
Detailed features of
Download the pdf
- policy term
- Be under 41 years of age on the date the policy comes into effect
- Be a college student or in a school outside your home country at the time of the trip, studies, language-learning visits, professional training or work as an au pair.
- be a member of a social security scheme in a European Union member state
- obtain the Carte Européenne d’Assurance Maladie that you will present to health professionals in your destination country prior to your departure
How do I pay my premiums?
- You can pay your premium completely by debit card at the time you sign up or opt for monthly payments.
What are the processing periods for my application for reimbursement?
- Your reimbursement will be handled within 48 hours, not including bank processing and postal delivery time.
And if my trip is cancelled or changed?
- If your trip is cancelled, we will reimburse the premium. You must inform us in writing before the date the policy becomes effective and send us the original copies of the Membership Certificate and the APRIL International insurance card.
In the event of an early and final return to your country of origin, you must send us proof of your final return (e.g., utility or telephone bill, etc.) by certified letter with receipt of delivery. We will cancel your policy and reimburse any overpaid premium.
In what countries will I be covered with the Crystal Studies policy?
There are two coverage options.
If you opted for "from the first euro" coverage(1), you will be covered everywhere in the world, including in your country of origin, for temporary visits of 90 days maximum.
If you opted for supplementary coverage with a Carte Européenne d’Assurance Maladie (CEAM), you will be covered in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.(2)
(1) For people residing in France who are not subject to French Social Security.
(2) Including: the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guyana, Réunion, the Madeira and Azores archipelagos, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar.
How will Crystal Studies insurance cover my hospitalization?
- In the event of a foreseen hospitalization, you will have to obtain prior approval from APRIL International Expat.
To do so, please send us the Confidential Medical Certificate form completed by your doctor within 5 days before your admission to the hospital:
by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to: APRIL International Expat,
110 avenue de la République,
CS 51108, 75127 Paris Cedex 11, FRANCE.
In the event of an emergency hospitalization, contact APRIL International Expat as soon as possible. You can call the hospital charge direct payment service by dialing the emergency numbers on the back of your insurance card. APRIL International Expat will take care of paying the bill. You might be asked for additional supporting documents.
Please note: this service is not offered to policyholders who have supplementary coverage with the Carte Européenne d’Assurance Maladie.
Property insuranceMobileo Insurance for your mobile devices.
LoansPrélib Campus Registration fees, supplies, transportation, internet, finance your expenses – starting today or when classes begin.
Property insuranceHome InsuranceAn insurance offer adapted to students to protect your home, property and cover civil liability.